Sometimes I feel so surrounded by negative...political ads, the media, the economy, angry drivers, rude customer service representatives...that I just wanted to take a minute to appreciate the positive. Last night I watched a small part of a recorded Oprah episode, and the topic was rude people. Believe me, I think we all encounter our share, but I have to say that since our big North Carolina relocation in August, I have been so pleasantly surprised by the number of incredibly nice people that have crossed my path!
Here are just a few examples:
- Went to purchase a breast pump off Craigslist.com last night - the couple was so very friendly, gave us a good deal, threw in some extras (just out of the goodness of their hearts), and then emailed me to make sure I am happy with the purchase and to tell me congrats on the baby!
- Purchased a toy bin (again off Craigslist.com), and the super sweet lady also emailed me through the RuffleButts.com website to recommend a store for our RuffleButts and took the time to post a recommendation on her county's mommy website!!
- Met a random family at a restaurant the first weekend we were here in town and she has kept in touch with me through the website to give me advice on the business...turns out she was a children's wear buyer prior to her stay-at-home-mom promotion!
- I have received a ton of emails and blog comments from other blogging mommies after posting the recent prego pic just to share their congratulations...how sweet to take time out of their day just to share a nice comment!
- Received an email from one of my incredibly supportive and considerate friends back in FL asking "what can I do to help?" totally out of the blue. Now that's a great friend!
- This is a small one, but so important...the drivers here in Charlotte actually slow down to let you in when you put on your turn signal, instead of the speed up to block you tactic that had become the norm down in SoFL!
On top of all of these random niceties, I am always so very touched by our amazingly wonderful RuffleButts customers! I receive emails from our mommy and grandmommy customers on a regular basis sharing their kind words and adorable pictures. (Check out a few on our testimonials page!) I can not tell you how motivating and rewarding that can be for a hormone-overflowing, somewhat stressed out, a little tired, business owner/soon-to-be-mommy! I know I say it over and again, but we really have the best customers in the world!
And lastly, I am extremely fortunate to share this industry with some of the most amazingly talented and driven women. I have come across numerous companies/business owners that truly act as my inspiration and support. Just chatting with some of these other entrepreneurs brings me a sense of peace knowing that we are all in this crazy world together, going through very similar experiences and dealing with many of the same issues. Although I did enjoy my time in real estate, it is such a wonderful feeling to know that there are other women out there genuinely pulling for our success and vice versa! Here are just a few that you should definitely check out if you haven't already (in no particular order)...
So, here I am, big and round and ready to pop!! I must say that overall I have truly loved being pregnant, but I'm sure all of you moms can relate to me here...these last few weeks have been a bit trying. Creating and growing a baby is such a miraculous event, and in the very end, the human body is just pushed a bit to accommodate this little miracle going on inside!
We are now due in about 6 weeks, but our OB doesn't know if we'll quite make it. I was already dilated 1cm at our last visit and since my contractions are increasing in frequency and some of the other signs are pointing to an early arrival, we are just leaving it in God's hands at this point. She just asked me to try to make it to 34 weeks, which I am happy to say we have done, so now starts the waiting game.
Emotionally, I am in the tug-of-war, dying to see her precious little face, while also wanting her to have as much time as needed to come out healthy and happy. I also have so much to do here at RuffleButts, I want to make sure I am prepared to give her as much attention as possible when she makes her grand entrance. It is a huge relief to have our new employees in place and my mom will be here to save the day, staying with us for the first three weeks to allow me to adjust to the work/baby schedule.
I'm sure I will provide much humor here on the RuffleBlog over these next few months, as I know I am about to take the ride of my life!! And I thought the business was a roller coaster...I can't wait to see what life has in store for me. I also appreciate ANY and all advice you moms may have for me over the first few weeks. Thanks again for all of your love and support...and stay tuned!!
By the way...not the most complimentary picture, but this is my husband's cute attempt at bumping bellies with me and matching my prego look (don't worry, he's not implying that I'm fat or anything!!!).
As a sincere "thank you" to my incredibly supportive RuffleBlog readers, we are offering an exclusive offer to save 15% on your RuffleButts purchase for the next TWO DAYS ONLY!! Just enter the voucher code BLOG_FRIENDS at checkout. And to top it off, we are offering special one-price holiday shipping, so order as much as you'd like and your shipping is only $4.50 for USPS First-Class or $6.95 USPS Priority!!
Our Personalized RuffleButt Bloomers make a really special gift for the little angel in your life, and we have ton of ruffled fall styles that are perfect for this holiday season. Want to save a few $$s?? Check out our Sale Page where some items are marked down as much as 33% and now you save an additional 15% ! Or, check out our Gift Sets where you now save the 15% on top of the set discount...this is one heck of a deal for the holidays!
I sincerely appreciate all of your support, encouragement, excitement, and advice over this past year. It is my true pleasure to offer this savings to you at this joyous and festive time!